Friday 1 April 2011

Assignment 2: Cd Cover

This assignment we had to design a CD Cover.
The Genre i picked is  Techno/House, I called it DRIFTBEATS because I was imagining that this is the type of  CD which you play while driving. Drifting is a style of driving which is why I used it as a part of the title.

Since this was going to be a CD for the car, I wanted the front cover to be a picture of a car.. So what I did was take a photo of my own car while I was at home, I took a few shots but I only chose one which is this:


I didnt really have a picture in my mind of how I was going to design this, so I thought the genre techno/house and it reminded me of technology which I then thought of a daft punk. They are a electro music duo, so I looked up some google images on daft punk and got some ideas off thier Soundtrack they made for the movie Tron: Legacy, some inspiration:

Here is the layer screen shot of both Front and back cover:


I cut out my car from the picture and then used filters STAMP to create the basic color look, then just used a lot of duplicated layers with different colors and blurs with each layer having its own effect like overlay and screen.

The way I created the squares which overlays the whole cover is by duplicating the car layer and using the filter mosaic in the pixelate category which is pixelled but enlarged and the used ink outlines to add a nice light type border around each square.

For other layers, i used some masking and feathering, for text I used a layer styling, glow and inner glow.

Here is the FINAL product:

 FRONT:


BACK:


Also here is another version which I thought was ok but didnt want to use it for the final. It is just an extra layer of the car with the filter wind:

Not the final product:

3 comments:

Followers